Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Biophilic Bibliophile

[caption id="attachment_202" align="alignleft" width="225"]f7d57-img_1000 Plants! Growing! Green![/caption]

I am always amazed by what a difference a little bit of life makes. Growing healthy plants, open windows, a precious satisfied animal-familiar - these are all living things that in turn make me feel alive.

Similarly, reading and writing in resonance with others gives me so much inspiration. Listening to women, our concerns and hopes, gives me inspiration and in turn I return to the work of unwrapping and weaving. When we sing and speak together, not only are we louder but we are clearer. We find the reverberations of truth. Really, it's a blessing to spin and weave with others.

When I run my hands over the cover of a book written by women and for women, I feel as though I am holding hands with the author. Really, I'm amazed by the connection and affirmation I feel with the pages between my hands on the T, between lectures, curled on my sofa. Suddenly, everything is bursting with life and love when I open myself to a just little bit of life.

1 comment :

  1. […] Listening to women, our concerns and hopes, gives me inspiration and in turn I return to the work of unwrapping and weaving. When we sing and speak together, not only are we louder but we are clearer. We find the reverberations of truth. Really, it’s a blessing to spin and weave with others. (Aria Plus Cat) […]

    ReplyDelete