Saturday, February 14, 2015

Ferguson Revisited

Photo on 12-10-14 at 12.55 PM

I wrote earlier about Ferguson, both a layout of the proportionality of the response and also the racist aspect of the criticisms. Looking back at the hastily written piece, I'm still proud although I wish I'd spent a little more time editing.

[caption id="attachment_573" align="alignnone" width="300"]Photo on 12-10-14 at 12.56 PM #4 It me, again![/caption]

All #BlackLivesMatter.  This is Not a Moment, but a Movement (black lives matter)



I place myself in the long history of mulatto women who faced and stood against racist violence. By knowing our history, we can find ourselves.

Photo on 12-10-14 at 12.37 PM
Isn’t it more reasonable to think that a violent hate group with a history of setting fires is responsible for fires in Ferguson? Rather than blaming protesters who have explicitly called for peace?

I am sad to say that this reasonable expectation was fulfilled with a bombing attempt on a NAACP headquarters.

No comments :

Post a Comment