Saturday, March 30, 2013

Morning routine: Breakfast

Morning routine is so hard to establish and so easy to break. I was raised to always have breakfast in the morning. I wasn't spoiled enough to have a home cooked breakfast laid in front of me, but I wasn't living the anime trope of toast in the mouth either.

Going to college has definitely made me realize how important breakfast and a good morning routine is.
I've seen lot of students sitting in morning lecture, some barely awake, others with grumbly tummies, and even the occasional few who have forgotten their necessary laptop or pset. I'm not too shamed to admit but after an all nighter, I've been that person too. Worse, if I don't follow my routine then I end up as the person who forgot their pset, makes a ruckus while entering the lecture hall late, and has a growling stomach the whole lecture long.





The point is that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I know it's hard to fit in time for breakfast, so I'll share my quick fixes. Sometimes I do just one; on good days I do a

Carb


  • Banana
  • Granola
  • Cereal
  • Microwave Oatmeal
  • Microwave Grits
  • Croissants
  • Apples
  • Granola/Breakfast bar

Protein


  • Scrambled Egg
  • Deli-sliced Turkey/Ham
  • Protein Bar
  • Peanut Butter
  • Whole Milk Yogurt
  • Sausage

Carb & Protein


  • Toast and Jam
  • Bread and Nutella
  • Sandwich
  • Croissants with Ham/Egg
  • Any carb + Grab and go packaged yogurt
  • Any carb + protein powder


Drink water! A glass of water right when wake up and head out- it is almost as good as coffee, I swear to you.



No comments :

Post a Comment