Saturday, April 6, 2013

Morning Routine


Let's just say that my routine is very important to me. I think that it's very important to look forward to a routine that can give structure to your day. At the very least, it's very important both for sleep schedules. At the best, routine is a safe thing to fall back on for times of stress. And there is always a lot of stress.

On the other hand, leaving a full amount of time to walk is good for keeping stress down. I've always had said to me to start off the day the way it should go. Starting the day in a stressed running rush keeps the whole day in a state of stress.

Here's a full run down on what I do in the morning before rushing off to class.




  • Struggle to wake up for 5 minutes
  • Drink water
  • Shower
  • Dress
  • Breakfast with water
    • Checking email
    • Setting things to boil
  • Make Caffeinated Tea for travel mug
  • Moisturizer
  • To Do List for the day
  • Check backpack
  • Walk out with enough time to walk


This may sound silly, but one of my priorities is to drink water at the start of my day. Water sometimes feels like the biggest refresh for the mornings. I wouldn't give up my caffeine but I wouldn't give up my water either.

I would like to devote more time to making myself look pretty in the morning. At the very least, exchanging my plain moisturizer for a BB creme. Maybe even add some mascara for adventurous days.




1 comment :

  1. I'm such a slow poke in the morning - I used to get up at 6 am to walk however all winter long I think it's taken me several hours to get going and out the door - even after my cup of coffee :-)

    ReplyDelete